ORAL HYGEINE AT A GLANCE
Preventative care will allow you to enjoy a healthy and happy smile for a long time.
Regular scaling helps prevent soft gums which can lead to loose teeth. In addition, cleaner teeth means a lower risk of tooth decay.
This is why preventative dental care is a key reasons for patients to visit the dentist.
PREVENTIVE TREATMENTS SPECIALIST
Our hygienist performs simple and completely painless preventive treatments.
These procedures minimises the risk of gum disease and humus, which in turn helps our patients save money on expensive treatments in the future.
NB Dental Clinic provides a comprehensive approach to preventive treatment, that optimally protects the gums and teeth of our patients, guaranteeing tooth health and an aesthetic appearance.
STEP BY STEP PREVENTION
PROVEN METHODS FOR HEALTHY DURABLE WHITE TEETH
DID YOU KNOW THAT…
…unremoved plaque will eventually lead to tartar buildup, which can lead to gum disease and periodontitis?
To avoid this, make sure that you visit your dentist regularly and for plaque removal and cleaning.
We provide you with optimal care at NB Dental Clinic and in good hands with our certified dental hygienist .
YOUR INITIAL VISIT
During your first visit, we perform a detailed examination of your teeth which allows us to define the priorities for possible treatment and create a plan for comprehensive preventive care.
Teeth cleaning includes:
- SCALING – cleaning tartar from teeth and gums
- SANDING – removing discolouration, plaque and tartar particles through the use of a pressurised water stream with cleaning particles, using sand abrasion to reach even the most inaccessible places, such as fissures within tooth surfaces and interdental spaces.
- POLISHING – smoothing out teeth surfaces and protecting them against discolouration using polishing paste and dental brush.
This visit includes individualized instructions where each patient receives a package of specific hygiene tips for correct brushing techniques, tips for dental flossing and an optimum choice of toothbrush and toothpaste.
Techniques are presented using models that provides the patient an opportunity to see what they learn in action, helping them to achieve the proper skills and motivation for optimum teeth and gum health.
During follow up visits we check to make sure the desired results are being achieved, and help with adjusting any at home techniques to ensure long term dental and gum health.
We offer safe fluoridation for patients with hypersensitive teeth.
The treatment primarily:
- strengthens the enamel, making it more resistant to acid and bacteria which can cause tooth decay
- helps prevent cavities
- desensitizes hypersensitive tooth
BRILLIANT WHITE SMILE
Safe teeth whitening is an important branch of cosmetic dentistry where we want patients to have satisfactory results after one visit.
Our methods for achieving whiter teeth and a brilliant smile:
- we use specialised in-office whitening techniques that are safe for your teeth and do not cause hypersensitivity.
- we make individual whitening trays and recommend effective post-procedure whitening agents.
- in the case of whitening a single “dead” tooth we use specialized preparations applied directly to the inside of the tooth until we obtain satisfactory results.